FYI
--Eric
------

C R E D I T C O U R S E A N N O U N C E M E N T
University of Missouri Extension Teaching

                                  ---------------------------
Writing Online:                  | ENGLISH VIA THE INTERNET
                                 | English 20: Exposition &
                                 | Argumentation, Etc.
                                 | Fall 1996; 3 Credit Hours
http://www.missouri.edu/~wleric/exparg/  |
Eric Crump                               |

Online Registration:                     |
http://mucourses.missouri.edu/           |

This course will help students develop the writing skills, rhetorical
abilities, and writing technology proficiency necessary for succeeding in a
society that is increasingly dependent on information & communication
technologies. The course work will involve engaging in written conversations
& analysis of texts using various Internet-based writing tools, including the
world-wide web & electronic mail as the primary tools, with some postal
correspondence & electronic real-time interaction, as appropriate.

Students will work with the instructor & with each other to develop writing
projects, computer & networking proficiency, and methods of evaluating their
work. The specific writing tasks will be generated by students and will be
based on their interests and needs, possibly ranging from traditional essays
and articles to business correspondence to drafts of grants to creative
writing.

The University of Missouri-Columbia (MU) Department of English in cooperation
with Extension Teaching, will offer this course during the Fall 1996 semester.

INSTRUCTOR:
Eric Crump
Campus Address: 231 Arts & Science
E-Mail Address: [log in to unmask]

SCHEDULE:
August 21 - December 13, 1996

LOCATION:
Students will participate via the Internet at the physical location
of their choice.

REQUlREMENT:
Student must have access to the Internet.

TEXTBOOK:
All text information will be found on the Internet.

COURSE FEES:
Tuition for undergradwte credit is $363.00. Those who do not want
University credit may, on a space available basis, register for a non credit
fee of $150. Payment may be made by check, payable to University of MO, or
charged to a valid Visa, MasterCard, or Discover account.

To register, visit the registration site at http://mucourses.missouri.edu/ or
contact Extension Teaching, 103 Whitten Hall, MU, Columbia MO. If paying by
credit card you may FAX your application with credit card information to
Extension Teaching at (573) 884-5371. For more information contact Extension
Teaching at the above address or call (573) 882-3598 or 1-800 545-2604.

Equal Opportunity Policy: For concerns about access or opportunity contact
(314) 882-4256.

Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): If you have any special needs as
addressed by the ADA, piease contact the Extension Teaching Office at (314)
882-3598. Reasonable efforts will be made to accommodate your needs.

The university reserves the right to set a maximum enrollment for each course
and to cancel any course which does not attain sufficient enrollment by
the first class rneeting.

                      an equal opportunity institution