> P.S.  If you are wondering why I'm doing this instead of
> UTC Licensing folks, it's because they don't have a clue
> about educational licenses for Oracle and the commercial
> license they were trying to sell me would have cost about
$40K.

They may not currently have the educational license, but am
quite sure that they are not clueless, and my experience
with them is they are interested in hearing about new
software licenses where there is sufficient interest to
warrant it.

It seems a little silly to have one department handle the
non educational license and another the educational license.
Surely something can be worked out with the the licensing
people instead of just insulting them behind their back and
setting up something yourself that will result in
duplication of effort.

Terry Jones