Last night, someone connected to our ftp server and spent four hours fetching
1100 files.  There is no obvious purpose behind the collection, unless it
was to fetch everything easily in reach (though not every possible file was
fetched).

I'd be interested to know whether anyone else has logs of unexpected fetches
from the same place, or knows who they were.  The calling host was
weber.external.sdsc.edu; the caller identified himself to anonymous ftp
as [log in to unmask]  I've sent an inquiry to both organizations.