Norman Wilson writes:

> Last night, someone connected to our ftp server and spent four hours fetching
> 1100 files.  There is no obvious purpose behind the collection, unless it
> was to fetch everything easily in reach (though not every possible file was
> fetched).

<Sigh.>  Me too.

19193 files to weber.external.sdsc.edu for [log in to unmask] from
ftp.cs.toronto.edu between 01:45:45 and now, and still going.

> I'd be interested to know whether anyone else has logs of unexpected fetches
> from the same place, or knows who they were.  The calling host was
> weber.external.sdsc.edu; the caller identified himself to anonymous ftp
> as [log in to unmask]  I've sent an inquiry to both organizations.

Please let me know what happens.

--                          People shouldn't think that it's better to have
Dan Astoorian               loved and lost than never loved at all.  It's
Sysadmin, CS Lab            not, it's better to have loved and won.  All
[log in to unmask]        the other options really suck.    --Dan Redican