I would assume that the commentator on the historical sense of scripture,
Nicholas of Lyra , would be very much aware of Mary's Jewishness.  Also
the NT genealogies trace Mary's and Joseph's families to OT figures.  The
Marian plays in the N-Town cycle reproduce Jewish ritual in some detail.
Mary is clearly a Jew there, as she is when she and Joseph offer the
doves at the Purification/Presentation.

                                        Larry Clopper