My dad has had hallucinations from time to time. I believe someone else
mentioned people under the bed as a hallucination. For a while, he saw "the
little people who live under the bed" also.  Could this be some childhood
fairy tale these folks heard? He wasn't afraid of these "little people" and
accepted them as just an ordinary part of the environment.

Personally, I believe in a lot of strange things and the little people
didn't bother me as much as the time he saw a child riding a bicycle in the
house. It's certainly not unusual for people to hallucinate about children,
many older people do. But it was VERY strange that he thought someone was
riding a bike in the house and my mother wasn't trying to stop them! She
would have NEVER allowed anything like that! :-D

Sometimes, if he's afraid, I tell him it's his medicine acting up. If he's
not afraid, and the hallucination is that somebody dead came to visit him or
something that doesn't upset him, I just let him believe it. Lots less
stress for both of us.

vicki peyton

Vicki