>I like the idea of a Digest as we already get almost too many messages to DL
>and read (even without the recent squirrley Server actions).
>
>Would a Digest take the same amount of time to DL as umpteen individual
>messages ?

Most Listserves have found through much trial and error that the digest
causes more traffic on their network than individual messages.  When
someone's network fails & returns messages it generally is just a few
messages that are returned however, when a whole digest is returned
you have magnified the problem by several times.

Also on digest you cannot reply to the post, you will not have the option
of hitting the reply button & everything is already addressed for you.

I don't know how the listserves in Canada are operated, but the several
that I belong to in the U.S. do not really want us to go on digest!!

Marjorie Moorefield
63/7.5
--
Internet Communications of America, Inc.