                                 RTK.NET Mail 187075   Aug  5 23:37:55 1996

Camilla, my first question would be whether this woman had an MRI as part
of her diagnosis, preferably with contrast to screen for a stroke or
for multiple sclerosis (depending on her age if she didn't have any
similar symptoms at other times in her life, MS usually appears in your
twenties through your forties).  Also, since she was diabetic, is she
confidant that was well controlled during the time she was sick?  Also,
did she stop any other medications during her recent hospitalization, such
as her heart medications?  When she first went on Sinemet, how much did that
help her?  Other things I was screened for early on when I had various
neuropathy troubles (amid other things) last spring were lupus, Lyme disease,
and B12 deficiency.  Did she have any MRI of her back to check for disc
problems or nerve compression?

Unfortunately, I'm afraid another possibility is that some part of her
hospital treatment was unusual enough to temporarily change her condition,
but hopefully her improvement will be a lasting one.

Sherri