marjorie moorefield wrote:
> Most Listserves have found through much trial and error that the digest
> causes more traffic on their network than individual messages.
> Also on digest you cannot reply to the post, you will not have the option
> of hitting the reply button & everything is already addressed for you.

This, to me, is the salient point. I've tried digest on another listserv
and found it terribly time-consuming to try to reply. It's also more
confusing to read (for me, anyway)--I'd get a huge list of messages, and
would have to go back and re-read the whole thing to find out which one
(or more) I wanted to reply to. Then I'd have to cut/paste the important
points into my response.

However, I thought most listservs gave members the choice of receiving
messages either individually or in digest form. Don't we have such a
choice?
--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Editor-in-Chief,