I "met" Alan online 'bout 3 years ago, and like so many here on the PD list,
exchanged email with him on a regular basis.  I had the pleasure of a
face-to-face meeting just a few short months ago when Alan was the guest
speaker at the PD support group I belong to in Los Angeles' San Fernando
Valley.

Alan was a unique blend of warmth, vast knowledge, and wit.. plus he was a
brave man, as well.  He was out there on the edge of modern medicine in trying
different things to alleviate the symptms of PD.  That took guts!

To Alan's family, you were blessed by his presence and my heart goes out ot
you at your loss.  To those of us who considered him friend, whether online or
off, WE were blessed in knowing Alan.  And now Alan himself is blessed in a
bittersweet way by not having to suffer the ravages and the indignities of
Parkinson's Disease any longer.

Wherever ya are now, Alan, I know you're running, and dancing, and smiling
without any PD chains holding you down.

Barb Mallut,