Like many of the shocked and saddened voices on PDnet, this is where and
how I knew Alan. We will miss him dearly. As  I cliked my Netscape mail
file into the "sender sort" mode, and dragged the scroll bar to the top,
suddenly the screen was full of that very familiar signature:
I counted almost 40 postings since only early May 96. As I reread some,
and scanned over the list of titles, it amazed me how broad a range of
topics Alan wrote about. But the obvious thread that was his passion
were his responses to those countless "can anyone tell me about...." or
"the did this ever happen to you when you took med X???" He was clearly
one of the most knowledgable layman on the subject of PD, but most
importantly he shared and imparted that accumulated wisdom and
experience with the rest of us.

In one of his last postings, earlier this week, he wrote:  "Keeping busy
with whatever is IMPORTANT is the best way of keeping the quality of
life as high as possible."

A person true to his word. He will be sorely missed. My sympathy to his
family and loved ones.
--
Stephen C. Holahan
49/14