                                 RTK.NET Mail 185162   Aug  3 13:04:22 1996

I saw the news of Alan Bonander's death just as I logged on to post the
names of the new House cosponsors.  I had so hoped that the breakthroughs
whose arrival the Udall bill will hasten would come in time to help Alan,
and he certainly would have been among the first to try out some of the
new programs early on.  I've marvelled at his detailed responses to patients
and caregivers in such desperate circumstances, especially on the topics
of carbidopa toxicity and other medication questions.  I am glad I got
around to telling him so even though I didn't know there was any reason
to hurry.  Like many others, I will miss him greatly.  He became incredibly
empowered in determining the best treatment for himself through his
great knowledge, and I can't even guess how many other people with Parkinson's

who he set on the road to self-empowerment through knowledge of this disease
and its treatments.

We have a clear majority of cosponsors in both the Senate (at 59) and
the House (229 minus five withdrawn minus two no longer in Congress and
three who are non-voting delegates still leaves us with 219), and Alan
played an important role in making this happen.

The new names are...

Hefner
Tanner
Klug (Thanks to Millie and others from Wisconsin who made contact)
Shays
Levin
Thornton
Spratt