               The Breath of Life

The breath of life has many winds
that can refresh the soul and remove our sins.

The strong winds of spring time bring thunderous sounds
stormy weather and rain frequently abound.
Then  warm  summer breezes soon encourage new growth
this coupling of seasons brings anxiety and tranquillity both.

Fall brings color and  cooling winds of much lure
a tribute to the passing of another spring and summer tour.
As the winter wind's snows cover the earth
we know spring will follow and again the rebirth.

Alan’s passing in summer leaves much to be done.
In our sorrow let us not forget the fight to be won.
We must bring forth our colors and cool winds this fall
and this winter not wither but stand and be tall,

So that next spring Alan’s vision will be spread near and far
for Alan will always be a bright shining star.
And next summer as the winds renew his fields of dreams
let us remember how Alan refreshed our spirits for so it seems

his memory will inspire me each season of the year
to fulfill his desire to remove all those tears
and with the wind of the season see the light of each day
Please God rest  Alan in your kingdom I pray.

Nancy and Bob Martone