>Marjorie Moorefield, I guess you can include me in the GUILTY AS CHARGED
>category, as I too believe in "grasping at straws."  But I prefer to think of
>it as using my own intellect and research capabilities to help me
interpreth.  Just last week I
>had a conversation with a Pain Clinic devoted to RSD, and the director asked
>me how I responded to HYPNOTISM because it part of their therapy  I couldn't
>tell him, because I've never tried it.  I would be very interested in knowing
>more about your  experience.
>
>Barbara Blake-Krebs (55. dx 12 yrs.)

Barbara,
By knowing more about my experience, is assume you mean, how did I feel
during the Hypnosis session?

You are awake & aware of everything that is going on.  You can still hear
the traffic driving by on the street, eventhough you have your eyes closed,
and are in a reclining chair.  The first time he tried it, the PD in my right
shoulder & right hand started acting up & it frightened the Psychologist.
 He pulled me out of it & went & called the Neurologist.  The
Neurologist told him not to worry about it & that he might even give me a
suggestion under hypnosis that my shoulder & hand wouldn't shake like that.
So-o-o, that is exactly what he did!!  The shoulder & right arm behaved
themselves,
that is not to say they  NEVER acted up again, but they didn't under hypnosis.
Since it was my balance problem, that I wanted help with the most, that is what
he concentrated upon.  It was a progressive thing, each time I would get up
I would have less & less problem with initiiating movement, & I wouldn't start
to fall on my face everytime I stood up!
After having been in bed most of the time from May 26 through July 10th. I got
the tape out again & went through it by myself so I wouldn't fall everytime
I stood
up & it worked again!!!!!

It sounds as if you have a good chance in that Pain Clinic. Don't worry,if you
think you can't be hypnotized, they are generally the first ones under.!!!!!

Marjorie Moorefield
63/7.5
down to 4-25/100 Sinemets a day& that is all!!!  YEA!!!!!
--
Internet Communications of America, Inc.