Re: the digest    question--I'm really a bit concerned and a lot puzzled
about it--I'm not sure if I can "cut /paste"in that mode, and I certainly
don't know how to do it now! Perhaps there's a way in the system I use,
but I'd have to find out. I do know that there's no way I could download
the 1000+ lines on one digest I saw recently-how it got to me I don't
know--it was during the "regurgitation" period :-( --and I don't know if I
could just log/download/print  individual posts, which I might need to keep.
I have a large file of material from the list that is used for our local
support group, as well as by Peter . I sometimes refer to it to answer a
question posed by newcomers to the list, too. I would find it much less
useful if I could not save individual posts in this way. Also, I wonder if it
really saves time/money to get the same amount of material all in one lump
rather than in spurts?  Seems to me it takes just as long to read them one way
or the other, and is equally easy to "zap" unwanted messages either way.
Am I wrong about that?
As for going to a newsgroup--I'm pretty ignorant about the "mechanics" of that,
 though I have read newsgroups on our university system. How would that affect
the CARE list, if at all?  I can't imagine we would want it off the listserv,
as the present membership of around 145-50 is manageable. We'd have to find a
way of continually letting the newsgroup readers know of CARE's existence--
I'm sure Jeff Jones knows how to do that, but I don't.
Bottom line, I'm rather hesitant on both counts,mainly because I don't have
enough info to answer my questions.---My 2 cents---
Camilla Flintermann,CG for Peter 78/7, and"co-owner" with Jeff of CARE list