In <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] (Richard H. Miller) writes:

> Karl ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
>
> : I think a newsgroup devoted to Parkinsons Disease would be
> : a good idea, to help relieve the mailing list PARKINSN of
> : it's high volume, and increase readership a hundred fold.
> : sci.med.parkinsons would be an ideal name.  Does anyone wish
> : to write a decent well-written proposal?  I'm not a good
> : writer, and would probably try to get alt.med.parkinsons
> : newgrouped instead, if the responsibilty to create the
> : newsgroup rested entirely on my shoulders.
>
> If there is a large mailing list then sci.med.diseases.parkinsn would be
> the way to go. (if the mailing list is >100-150 people then it is considered
> large enough for a group.)

There's 1,266 subscribers to the high volume mailing list
so creating a sci.* newsgroup is justified.  sci.med.parkinsons
is the preferred name for brevity.  Sci.med.diseases has been
redundant in practice.

Can someone help write a RFD for sci.med.parkinsons?  Should I
do it myself in spite of sloppiness?