                                 RTK.NET Mail 187757   Aug  6 16:34:53 1996

Yes, I definitely think it's important to let all of our legislators know that

we have a majority in both houses.  In fact, it's important enough to send
them another letter or post card (or make a call or visit) even if your last
contact was just a few days ago!

I think people _are_ generally responsive when tell them calmly and reasonably

that we find this experience with the political process painful and
frustrating, when so many people, most of them with Parkinson's disease,
have worked hard enough to get a majority cosponsorship, clearly showing
that we have the votes to pass the bill, why can't we get a piece of time
on the schedule to just call for a vote?

It is frustrating, I know I was planning on moving on to other things after
we got majority cosponsorship because I thought that meant we'd be _done_!
We've got to rekindle the energy any way we can.  Remind them, too, that
we're talking about an expansion of the research effort that could lead to a
cure within 5 years.  We need to start this effort in FY 97 (we should have
started it in FY 96).  There will likely be some limit to how much
neurological damage the breakthrough cure and treatments can reverse and/or
compensate for.  The consequences of waiting until the next congress to get
the Udall bill passed are great, and at this time when everyone is trying to
squeeze in legislation before the end of September, we need to also keep
reminding everyone just how urgent the Udall bill is.

We all need ways to reenergize now, thanks for sharing yours.
  Try to meet with your rep's while they
are home for the month of August.

Sherri