At 09:29 AM 8/10/96 -0400, you wrote:
>At one time I believe there was gopher or ftp access to the PARKINSN
>archives; there still are a number of gopher links out on the web to
>the archives, but following them leads to "dead air".  Would I be
>correct in assuming that such access is no longer available, or do I
>simply lack the appropriate hyroglyphic (sp?) incantation to make the
>stones speak?
>John Stafford ([log in to unmask])

Direct access to the parkinsn archives ceased to exist on the 27th of March.
Weekly logs are still maintained by the listserv, but are inert files.

Copies of these files reside on my machine. I have written a program that
will interogate the log files and return either indexes or the actual
messages that contain certain words, strings of words, or relationships. The
Current Topics message is a historic list of some of those interesting
messages and studies that answer frequently asked questions found on the
parkinsn list from time to time.

Other types of searches are possible also.

If you have lost or misplaced your Current Topics message, address a message to:

On the Subject line put:

Send Parkinsn List Current Topics Information

In a short while, the Current Topics message will be in your mailbox.

John Cottingham    To search the Parkinsn archive, send search requests
                   to [log in to unmask] with Archive Search as the subject.
LibraryH           Searches of the Subject: line, From: line and Body are
                   possible. Look for "Revised Current Topics...." message
[log in to unmask]    for Articles and Studies available by e-mail.