>Nancy Payne wrote:
>What they need is a very simple-to-use system where my mother could alert
him if she needs help, and/or >which he could use to call her to see if he
needs to come in to check on her.  They don't need a fancy -- >and
expensive! -- medical relay setup.  Any ideas?

I used technology which won't work in your situation, but I'll mention it
here for reference.  I bought three Radio Shack wireless intercom units and
set them up in my parent's home (where my father is the primary caregiver
for my mother 78/2).  The units communicate via house wiring and have a
"ring" and talk button.  Problem is, during off periods, my mother sometimes
forgets to use them (or possibly how to use them).
Regards,
Fred

--   Fred Elbel    [log in to unmask]   --
--   http://www.csn.net/~felbel/     --