Goodmorning yawl,  It seems like forever since I sat daown to write on this
machine to you good folks.
It was good having  Ed here.  It is even better when someone does not act as
a guest, and makes himself at home ...as Ed did   We sincerely enjoy that
kind of informality.
BY, why do you think you perfer a PD Villalge.  I think that integrating with
the mainstream is helpful, challenging, and a way of staying sociall ...all
of those things we need to not give in.  A support can provide the "of our
own" enviornment, but sitting in a community of PDers could not and will not
help us in dealing with a world of people that would not know PD if it bit
 them. ....and no one can  deal with anything without   the society of non
PDers.   In fact, the State of Florida has one  U S Senator whoo does not
 thhink that PD is an issue at all.   How could you deal with him if you were
in some isolated placce of PDers, doing what all the other PDers were doing
   ...........beads for the tourist?{G}?  More   awareness is what is needed
....NOT segregation into a  PD Village.  It sounds "cozy", but would it be
productive to soom  end ........I think not.
My show is   opening Sunday.  If all come that say their are comming, we will
fill the place up.   I'll let you knwo how it turns out.
JG .....I got the  report yesterday.  It was a squamouss cell cancer.   The
pathologist said  it looks as if he got it all {hell if he had gone any
deeper he might have struck oil), and they (Doctor and pathologist) have
agreed to cut no more for now.  He thiks I have another   next too it
however, and will chop it off on Sept 13th.  He disagrees with me (think of
thtt!) about  radiation at this timeo ...so we will  wait less than amonth
and  s ee.  Hows Lynne doing ?  BTW, thanks for the article ...that guy was
telling the TRUTH!
JF, I wish you a safe and happy move.  Up until now, I always looked forward
to a move  ........new things to see, learn, and do.  Now  that I've found my
Paradise, I don't even want to think about moving anywhere. .......Iin fact
I'm so happy here, I don't really want to go anywhere.  AH,  there is the
rub.  I have trouble staying social these days .......never leaving the
property for days on end.  Sue says she has to pry me out of the house.  Just
think what I    would do in a community of PDers .........probably become
non0existant.
All of you have a fine  day, youhear,

VernD

Well  just checked, and this mssg  of the AM has yet to leave the house.
 T'it appears that  AOl is broke down again ...rem9nds me of the days when
$P$ used to check out their developement software on  line ...remember!?
Or maybe they have let the programmers lose that are doing Mac 3.0 AOL
softwawre.  I have been trying to beta test Mac 3.0 as requested, but you
can't hardly get there from here.  If you store your password (easy enought,
right?), It twlls you you have not stored your password  OR it tells you -
right out of the blue - that your pasword is not valid for batch jobs.
 BBATCH JOBS?????????, all I want to do is to sign on to the     system.
 Talk about SS*CC*RR*EE**WW**EE**DD**UP, it is impossible.  The ystated that
this program was a completely new re-write, not u sing any of the modules
 out of 2. 7.  I wrote and told them to start over.  The person that is
writing  Flashmail has never used flashmail.  I'll bet money on that one.,
 For example,, I often just hit "answer all".  That is a simple way to do it
(except for the variences of JF's Phoenix's address), and it works fine
....NOT SO with Mac 3.0!!!!!!  In fact you can't get there from here.  If you
hit answer alll, it immeciately gives you as dialog  boox  that says "This
letter has been  stored in the   out box file BEFORE there is any text in teh
text box.  Then It gives you too choices.  1) select set up Flashmail
schedule (which if you select, puts you right back into the letter you want
to answer.  If you select "continue"  The machine crashes.  ....FUN, did you
say fun?  It is unbelievable for a professiona services company to have crap
like this on the line  ...even if it is in beya.
Well back to work.  THis may get sent some day...provided I  leave the
machine on, provided I have a stored password, provided this is  a batch
sessiion, provided you all think I have gone off in a huff,  what else can
AOL prove today.

VernD