At 12:09 PM 8/10/96 -0400, you wrote:

>>I never had these thoughts when I smoked......do you think it was the
>>nicotine or the carbon monoxide that surpressed them?

>P.S. I have NEVER smoked & am highly allergic to ANY type of smoke--wood
burning
>fireplaces(which we don't need in So. Florida), Bar-B-Que fires, bon-fires,
etc.
>They will bring on an Asthma attack faster than anything else!!!
>
>Marjorie Moorefield  63/7.5
>

>  Blessings to all,
>
>  Marjorie L. Moorefield--
>Internet Communications of America, Inc.

Marjorie,

We are all very different. I am an ex-smoker. Last cigarette 11/30/77. Since
then  two grandchildren and two cigars, all of which are appreciated.

When not at peak of levodopa [sinemet] dose, I enjoy second hand cigarette
smoke.  Also skunk smells sweet, I don't smell the usual stench from
permanent waves, and I enjoy cheap Scotch. I do not smell automobile
exhaust. At peak of an L-dopa dose, everything above is reversed. PD is not
totally without redeeming features.

Will in Salisbury, Maryland