My mother is 79, a PD patient, and has also had difficulty with her vision.
 When I look at her, she is not looking at what she wants to see.  She
"stares" and often has her face turned toward the ceiling when she wants to
see something in font of her face.  If you do not look, you cannot see.

She had cataract surgery 18 months ago.  It seems when the remove the
cataract and lens, they leave something in called the capsule which keeps the
artificial lens in place until it grows into place.  After that, everyone's
capsule will cloud over, whether it takes 3 months of 8 years.  Last Friday,
my mother's eyesight went frm 20/200 to 20/40 because of YAG surgery (laser
surgery which destroys the "capsule" after it has served its purpose of
helping the new lens grow into place.)

We have a regimine of eye drops for mothers eyes because her PD keeps her
from blinking which makes her eyes extremely dry.

My suggestion would be to go back to your mother's opthalmalogist and explain
your mother's difficulties, especially the PD.  Drops, salves, tear-duct
punctile plugs, and YAG surgery might all help restore your mother's
eyesight.  It's been a long and frustrating 18 months, but yesterday Mom read
me signs on the doors.  "No Smoking, Oxygen" might not be scintilating to
you, but it was to me.

Mary Bisson