Dietmar:  I was diagnosed with PD 6 years ago.  I am a university
professor and administrator.  I find the administrative side
exhausting and stressful but manage to get the job done.  Six years
ago, I began writing a book, a political biography of the late George
Ball.  I found that I had to work 2-3 times as hard to get the job
done...  everything seemed to progress in slow motion.  Thank God I
was somehow able to finish it and it is due to be published by Yale
in March 1997.  I dedicate the study to those who carry the Parkinson
demon on our shoulders and in our skin, but especially to our
caregivers.  I don't know if I have another book in me.  I struggle
with insomnia, bladder problems, stiffness, and what I call "internal
tremors."  Sinemet and eldypryl keep me on the job.  I am determined
to keep pedaling but don't know how many miles are left on the tires.
I try to keep on the move.  Good luck.  Jim Bill/College of William
and Mary...