Dear Joan:

I was very impressed with your story about working with PD. It amazes me how
much fortitude you must have had to enable you to move forward and keep
working for your family under the pretty dire conditions with PD that you
described. On the other hand, it sounds like you had a very supportive
workplace. They must have really appreciated your work and that must be a
source of great satisfaction for you now.

I was inspired by your story both for myself as a CG and for my still-working
CP who is very brave like you were to keep on going as long as possible. I
too worry about just how long one should go on in the workplace with a
progressively disabling disorder. It does tend to drain energy and add stress
as things become more difficult. I can't help but think that our lives here
would be much less stressful if my husband retired on disability, but that
must be his decision since it is a major life-influencing choice and only he
knows when he'll be ready to call it quits.

Thanks for sharing.

Delana Vaughan (CG 33 yrs for 2 in tandem)