Good morning to you all.  Yesterday I came home from a very unsettling visit
with my parents in Cincinnati.  My dad is 79 pd 9 yrs.  In the 2 weeks since
I have seen him he has lost so much weight.  He looked like the some of the
pictures from the concentration camps.  Mother says he has not been able to eat
or drink except in very limited amounts.  I called the neuro who wants his
internist to see about a barium swallow and then a PEG.  I know there has been
discussion on the list about this before.  Would you provide me with some
info on the PEG, what is the procedure, can you still eat when you have it,
etc. etc.  This is so upsetting and my heart goes out to this dear man.  I
hope we can get this taken care of.  Thanks for your input.
Marcia