Chris F. Owen wrote:
>=20
>       The other thing was there was one drug that nobody could find
> listed, it turns out another name for it Dyazide.

Chris, this is a diuretic; here's some information on it:

treat hypertension and to treat edema. Hydrochlorothiazide is a thiazide=20
diuretic, and triamterene is a potassium-sparing diuretic. Triamterene=20
counteracts the potassium loss caused by hydrochlorothiazide.
Available as:
Dyazide=AE capsules:
hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg
triamterene 50 mg
Maxzide=AE capsules:
hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg
triamterene 37.5 mg
Or,
hydrochlorothiazide 50 mg
triamterene 75 mg
Dosage:
Dyazide=AE capsules:
Adults: 1=972 capsules PO daily.

Maxzide=AE capsules:
Adults: 1 tablet PO daily.

NOTE: The dosage must be determined by individual titration with the=20
separate components.

>         I did notice among the responses I got that the focus of
> everybody was primarily the meds that my mother is taking.  It wouldn't
> be just the effect of the sickness itself that is causing these
> conditions I guess, would it?

Chris, it certainly could be the illness itself. But since we have no=20
way of evaluating that, we (or I, anyway) deal with what we CAN=20
speculate on. In view of your mother's age, and state of health,=20
powerful medications are very often productive of unwanted side effects=20
such as you describe. Her doctors would be the best persons to ask=20
whether the symptoms are due to illness or meds, because the doctor has=20
access to her medical record, family history, lab reports, and=20
the doctor's own observations, which PD listmembers do not have.

My very best wishes to your mother and to yourself,
--=20
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Editor-in-Chief,
"Spotlight on Food--nutrition news for people 60-plus"
Tel: 970-493-6532   Fax: 970-493-6538=20
http://www.fortnet.org/~fivstar
You may wish to contact:
Better Business Bureau of the Mountain States,
for further information.