It seems that no sooner did I get over acne that other skin conditions moved
in:
"Sunspots" (keratosis) - dry scaley things caused by too many years on the
tennis courts.  Usually effectively removed by dermatologist freezing them
off - deeper more severe lessions removed by surgery.

I have had a "rash" on my face since the start of PD and before any
medication of any kind.  It is dry, scaley, sometimes greasy and looks like I
need to shampoo my face - and that's IT - seborrheic dermatitis (dandruff).
 The dermatologist tried low dose cortisone cream with a little immediate
success - Nizoral (an antifungal) with some short acting success.  I then
tried Head and Shoulders dandruff shampoo and that worked fine for awhile.
 Selsun Blue is my present self treatment and the skin condition is improving
a lot.  Strange thing is that I have never had dandruff of the scalp - just
forehead and cheeks.

BTW rosacea (lot of red skin on face, like blushing. as well as acne like
pimples) was ruled out as I don't have zitts (pimples).  I, frankly, am not
sure about this as my face, neck and upper chest are really red.  Will get
some other docs' opinions on this.  Rosacea sometimes results in a rough
bulbous nose like Senator Claghorn (movies) had.  Women don't usually get
this manifestation.

Barbara Yacos, RN