Subject: Re: Introduction by Kristin (cg Dad 68/1mo.)
Author:  "PARKINSN: Parkinson's Disease - Information Exchange Network"
<[log in to unmask]> at INTERNET
Date:    8/8/96 9:30 PM

Kristin --
Your Dad's lucky to have a daughter like you -- with so much love "bubbling
over".  (Just like my dad.)

I'm jealous, though, since your Dad's taking PD in stride, researching, reading,
and wondering what he can do.  My Dad's reaction was more of an "oh well.  I've
got PD.  I'll just go with the flow." . . . and as a result, each new problem is
met with little or no resistance.  My Dad seems to have the "if I don't pay any
attention to it, it doesn't exist" (which is exactly how his mother reacted to
unpleasant things!)

I don't mean to sound negative.  I just want to let you know how very lucky you
are to have a PWP who's active in his diagnosis and prognosis!

Diane McHutchison
Long distance care giver for Dad -- 68/6+
Englishtown, NJ -- USA