        I'm brand new to the list, and I'm already impressed with what I've
seen.  Hello to everyone!
        My mother has been diagnosed for about 12 years, and is 60years
old.  I see her about once a month, and spend much of the rest of the
month wishing I could help out more.  We've recently seen a marked
improvement thanks to a more caring neurologist and Zoloft, after a dark
time when she decided at the last minute against a pallidotomy.
        I have two questions for other subscribers:
1)  Has anyone come across a reliable, simple, two-way communications
system that would work for a Parkinsonian?  My father still farms, but
as the main caregiver, is finding it hard running back and forth from
the field or chores every half hour to check on my mother during her
'off' periods.  What they need is a very simple-to-use system where my
mother could alert him if she needs help, and/or which he could use to
call her to see if he needs to come in to check on her.  They don't need
a fancy -- and expensive! -- medical relay setup.  Any ideas?

2)   Is anyone interested in getting Parkinson's books on audio tape?  I
have a background in broadcasting, and am discovering from people in my
Ottawa support group that such a product might be useful to their
parents who won't or no longer can read.  If these books aren't already
on tape, I'd like to work at transferring them, if there seems to be
enough interest out there.

Nancy Payne