I want to thank everyone who responded to my request for info on the Peg
tube.  Sara and Mary Ann's responses were very informative and reassuring.
Unfortunately dad ended up in the hospital last night with pneumonia, but
he is doing very well and will have a modified barium swallow tomorrow and
then discussion on the PEG. We have been educating the nurses on PD.  Why
he drools, can't talk or swallow and "is he really in there."  The last one
is a question we often ask, but yes, he is really in there and we want him
to stick around for awhile.  My oldest son and his oldest grandchild will
be coming home in Dec. from a 2+ year Peace Corps tour in Africa, and that
is something that dad is waiting for.  So thanks again everyone.  I'll keep
you posted with what happens and hope that someone else can benefit from
our experience.  Marcia  [log in to unmask]