Hello Brenda
My name is Joyce and I read your message with double interest.
First to welcome you to the list
Second to tell you that I too have elephant ankles.
My first symptoms appeared almost 13 years ago as a finger tremor when I was
40

This December will be two years that Im on this list and I gained all my
inner strength and knowledge of PD from being here.  So much so that on May
13 I had a pallidotomy in Toronto  Although there has been only one MAJOR
benefit (NO MORE TOE AND FOOT CRAMPING)  I know that I am still in the
healing process because of all the subtle improvements. But, since then I
have been gaining weight (water).  My ankles and my legs started to swell up
to  edema  catagory.  Because of that I have visited internists, had
cardiograms along with blood and urine tests.   The internist and neuro are
quite concerned about the edema.  I will be having a echocardiogram next
week.

I started taking a water pill daily back thirty days ago.   It helped for a
while then stopped working as well but at least im not gaining anymore. My
legs hurt from the hip down up to about 1p then it seem everything turns
around and I'm almost "normal" until about 11P when I get stiff again.

It seems that since the "P" Chuck has been working with the neuro's to reduce
my meds.  Its a slow process but since I see no difference in my overall
condition I guess the reduction is working.  NO dyskenisia's.   Taking a tip
from the late Alan B. I started reducing process with  the CR and Parlodel..
 Each ten days we coming down either one CR,  one Parlodel  The only one we
havent touched is the regular Sinemet and the Permax..

We're all pretty confident that a continued reduction in my overall meds will
eventually be in my favor.  Atsome point maybe the weight and water will come
down as well.

Brenda, hang in there,  it a long and winding road.   Dont forget, your in
with a great crowd who you can share with.

Joyce  .