Hi, I read ur message abt missed Cloz.

Im on 3.5 .25mg/daily and sometimes because of not being able to make the
required weekly blood test or a screwup in all the communications necessary,
 I miss a full day or at most two.

I am taking this med because of the effects of the PARLODEL.

I will say that missing it had no destinct effect and I picked up on the
regular dose again without problem...BUT   knowing what I was like without it
makes me very mentally dependent on it.  I wouldnt want to go more than a day
or two AT MOST.

(Besides, my husband who felt the brunt of my actions BEFORE I was put on
this, is always on my case not to run out)  He doenst want to go thru that
period again!!!!!

BTW,  we were in Spain last month.  I arranged with Sandoz, Barcelona to have
a list of RX's where it was stocked.  It didnt matter because we were in a
small town 30 miles north of Malaga that wasnt on the list.   Chuck went to
the RX to find a laboratory where I cud take the blood test and asked if they
knew anything about this med.  They said NO to the CLOZORIL but reached
behind the counter and came out with a box of LEPONEX = THE EURO NAME.   Same
formula, same manufacturer.
In Middlesex county (big county) in NJ there are only TWO RX's that have it.
In this small Spanish town, it was on the shelf.

In NJ I pay $87.50 for 25 pills    in Spain I paid $12.50 for a box of
40!!!!!!!
Needless to say I managed an extra box to bring home.

I have been on this med for more than a year with weekly blood tests at $25
each.
I cant get the CLOZ without it.  In the Euro paper insert it says that after
6 months of no ill effects (read: drop in white cell count) and after taking
weekly tests,  the tests can be reduced to once a month.    Not here in
America.!!!  Why!!!

DOES ANYONE OUTSIDE AMERICA USE LEPONEX (CLOZORIL)
ARE YOU REQUIRED TO TAKE WEEKLY BLOOD TESTS ??
WHAT ARE YOU PAYING IN   US$EQUIVELANT??

Joyce (and Chuck)