Phillip,

You don't mention any "helper" drugs in your regimen, and they can help
you cut down on your sinemet by making it more efficient.  I'd suggest
asking your neuro about permax and eldepryl, which seem to be most
effective.  I'm currently taking pramipexole, a dopamine agonist in the
trial phase, which will be marketed soon.  Tolcapone is another trial
drug that looks very promising and should be on the market in about two
years.

I'm in the same position you are: life is a choice between starving in
order to stay "on," or eating and going "off."  My plan is to hang in
there as best I can until tolcapone becomes available, then go for a
pallidotomy if the medicine isn't enough.  Hopefully, the Udall bill will
pass and the cure found before then.

good luck to you.

  pine`