Today I went to a book signing by author, Jon Hassler (books: The Love
Hunter, Staggerford, Grand Opening, Rookery Blues, man more).  He is a
Minnesota native, teaching at a University here.  He is a beloved son in
Minnesota.  A few months ago he went public with his PD, and the paper made
it front page news, along with a full page article about him, his symptoms,
how it affects his writing, etc.  It was a real educational piece for the
general public.

I asked him to sign my book for my husband.  I explained that he has read all
his books and also had PD.  He perked right up saying, "then he and I have
something in commom."  he also asked, "does he take Sinemet?, who is his
doctor, what are his symptoms?"  Jon Hassler signed books for an hour, his
writing is very small and there is little pressure on the page. I left with
his best wishes for my husband.

I was relunctant to bring up the PD to him, but since being on this list and
seeing the willingness to share, I thought, what the heck.  I am going to
write him a note letting him know about this on-line goup.

Linda Manders
John Tschida 55/1yr