Hi everyone. I just arrived in PARKINSN, so I'll introduce myself.

I'm 58, diagnosed in Feb. 1986, reasonably independent (my wife, Gwyneth
would say UNreasonably bloody-minded!), still ride a mountain-bike, play
a poor game of squash, drive a car (much slower than before!)

I'm a National Committee member for YAPP&RS, the special interest group
of Parkinson's Disease Society of UK for under 60s - the young sufferers
and carers in general.

I have run a BBS called Shaking Hands (guess what we support :-)) for
about fifteen years, and anyone who cares to dial in (+44 1252 626233)
will be welcome, although there are currently more CFS (M.E. in UK)
users and general public than Parkinsonians :-)

I have two children, a son-in-law and a daughter-in-law, and two
grandchildren.

Life is GOOD - who CARES about stupid Parkinson's Disease!

I think the APDA Young Parkinsonians Handbook is excellent. There is
also a good British book "Parkinson's at your Fingertips" by Oxtoby and
Marsden.

Pallidal stimulation looks like the operation of the moment, don't you
think? My friend Geert in Belgium had it done and has had much less
problem than some of those who have had Pallidotomies or Thalamotomies.

--
Jeremy Browne, Hampshire, UK
Shaking Hands BBS, Fidonet 2:252/160