From:   PARKINSN: Parkinson's Disease - Information Exchange Network on behalf
of Richard Fallon
Sent:   Thursday, August 15, 1996 2:20 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list PARKINSN
Subject:        AMGEN STUDY of GDNF

I called AMGEN to find out where they are performing their human trials
of GDNF which was promising in helping relieve some of the symptoms
(slowness, stiffness,rigidity)of PD in tests on primates. They will not
release that information, however, they said that they are being held at
centers that specialize in pallidotomies.

Write-up available in NATURE 3/21/96 issue Vol. 380 pg. 255 for those
interested.

Anyone with further information on the AMGEN trials, please post.
Father-in-law (81) has been fighting PD for 12 years.

Thanks,

Richard Fagin