Henry:

According to my opthomolgist when I went to him because of intermittent
problems with depth perception, the Parkinson's has made each eye pull outward
a minute fraction (non-visable when one looks at me), or what's termed
"wall-eyed."  Because of that, in order to focus. each eye begins to track
independently of each other, with the patient actually seeing out of only one
eye at a time.  This monocular vision nonetheless fools the brain into
believing it's seeing bi-nocular vision because the eye-tracking moves back
and forth between the two eyes hundreds of times per MINUTE!  (By the way - he
said this is not at all that uncommon amongst the "well population").

Our brains adapt to this rapid movement back and forth, except upon occasion,
such as when we're driving and there's cars whizzing by in the opposing
driection and in the lanes next to us, and THEN the brain goes into it's
"WHOA!  I'm overloading" mode!  :::::poof::::: there goes the bi-nocular
vision down the tubes!   "Prism" lenses in glasses are supposed to help
this... but don't ask me WHAT a prism lense is, because tho I am supposed ot
have that in my new glasses, I still haven't noticed either a visual
difference OR any sort of object in the lenses which I could identify as a
"prism." (but then I'm no optomitrist, either!)

As for putting on makeup and that darn eyebrow pencil <sigh> (Oh vanity, thy
name is woman") <grin>,  please continue to tell your lovely lady that she
looks GREAT when she puts on a bit of makeup!   ALLLLLLL us "Parkie wimmins"
<smile> need incentive to get gussied up, 'cause it's so darn hard to DO
sometimes!  Please tell her that she's NOT alone in having problems in
"putting on her face," and that many of us find that a frustrating chore now,
where it used to be kinda fun...  Heck... I used to feel like Michaelangelo as
I applied my makeup, but now it's more like Picasso!  (WAAAAAAAH!!) <giggling>

Barb Mallut,