     I've been reading the postings regarding swallowing difficulties and I
     just wanted to make a suggestion.  As many of the postings suggest,
     swallowing difficulties occur in many neurologic and surgical diseases
     and can have many causes.  When swallowing problems occur, it is very
     important to have a thorough evaluation by someone who specializes in
     evaluating and treating swallowing.  You can usually call your local
     hospital and ask for the rehab department or the Speech-Language
     Pathology department and get connected with someone who does Modified
     barium swallowing evaluations with subsequent therapy.  In many
     instances, therapy suggestions can be brovided with can help
     tremendously.

     Linda L. D'Antonio, Ph.D.
     Loma Linda University