Subj:   re:YOUNGEST PARKINSON PERSON
Date:   08/15/96
To:     [log in to unmask]

Dear Bev,

What an uplifting letter you wrote to Jacob!  I am the coordinator of the
Amer Parkinson's Disease Association's Young-Onset  PD Information & Referral
Center.  I publish a newsletter three times a year to the young PD
population.  With your permission, I would like to reprint your letter in an
edition of our newsletter.  May I use your name?  If you will give me your
snail mail address, I will send you the copy in which we use your letter.

thanks again for your input into the PD list.  I am also giving your letter
 my father who was diagnosed with PD at the age of 76(2 years ago).  It has
amazed me how this man, who was always well read (he's a physician)and a
"doer" has become depressed and adopted an attitude of  "victim " :  If I
can't do what I used to do then I can't do anything."  It's like he is stuck
in one way of looking and thinking about himself and the effort required to
make a shift is just something he cannot find in himself.   I think your
letter will be very encouraging to him.

Susan Reese
APDA I&R Center Coordinator
2100 Pfingsten Road