In PARKINSN@, Henry Guttentag (Hguttix.netcom.com) writes:
> My wife Lynne would like to know if any PWP have forced eyeclosure and
> are losing peripheral vision in the left eye. This
> has made it difficult to apply makeup etc.

Well, I don't have the make-up problem, but yes, I'm beginning to lose
my peripheral vision. Mostly this means I have to consciously turn to
see cars on either side when driving, which I still can.

It might be interesting to check with someone who is doing research into
PD and perception. His name is Prof. John Harris, Dept. of Psychology,
University of Reading, Whiteknights Park, Reading, Berkshire, England. I
have been one of his "guinea-pigs" for 3 or more years. His latest tests
are about going through doorways. I did well on those until there were
horizontal stripes to right & left of the doorframes, when I
consistently over-estimated the width of the gap!

--
Jeremy Browne, Hampshire, UK
Shaking Hands BBS, Fidonet 2:252/160 (+44 1252 621745)