I just subscribed to the PD list and wanted to take a moment to introduce
myself.  My name in Shannon, and this (in a nutshell) is why I'm interested
in the list:

My fiance Clark & I just moved across the country to help take care of his
parents (Jack, 76 years old/PD 6 years and Marguerite, 71 years old/PD 2
months). We are just beginning to learn about Parkinson's, and the info I've
already read from the list has been much appreciated (THANKS!).

I do have one question. Out of curiosity, can anyone out there speculate the
odds of a husband & wife (of 50 years) both having PD? I've read that PD is
not considered genetic, but does my fiance have an increased risk of the same
diagnosis?

Marguerite's PD was described by her doctor as being "multi-infarct," and is
being treated with Sinemet only. Jack's PD seems more severe and is being
treated accordingly. (We at first questioned Marguerite's diagnosis, but the
Sinemet seems to be helping to keep her on her feet.)

Anyway, we really love the list and look forward to learning more.

Shannon Uehling ([log in to unmask])