Hi, all.  I think that in this case 'the medium is the message'.  The
good times virus scam clogs email systems and discussion groups with
messages about itself.  Let's not let it do that to ours.  The virus does
not exist so let's stop sending messages about it.  To be on the safe
side, always scan any new computer programs before using them and all
disks.  Also, make sure you have the newest version of 'scan' which is
usually available to download from the web.  I will ask one of our
members, "John S. Walker" <[log in to unmask]>, to post a 'how-to'
message about downloading from the web.

Now for the good news. As of late last week, our membership reach 1300, a
new high for us.  :)  Thank you, John Cottingham, for keeping such a
close watch on our list and letting me know about our new milestone.  :)

Also, I would like to congratulate John Cottingham on the first birthday
of his chat room.  The August 20 birthday party in cyberspace was great.

Barb

Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing