PAT SCHARK
You did not say what strength CR you are taking.  If it is 25/100 you might
try substituting a regular sinemet 10/100 for the CR.  From my husband's
experience he gets more quick relief from the regular sinemet than from the
CR.  He takes sinemet 10/100 every two hours from 6 a.m. until 8 p.m. and
sinemet CR 50/200 at 6 a.m., noon , 6 p.m. and 2 a.m.  He also takes three
2.5mg parlodel a day.  He recently (over a period of 2 months) changed from
the sinemet 25/100 to the 10/100 as suggested by Alan Banader.  He feels
that he receives more relief from the 10/100 than he did from the 25/100.

I don't know if this relates to your "eating and meds" problem but it might
be worth a try to reduce your carbidopa intake.  You might get better
results from the Sinemet 10/100.