 Monica Burke writes:
> I wrote a while back about my dad's frightening hallucinations, and I
> got a lot of helpful responses about Risperdal and Clozaril.  Today,
> dad had his twice-yearly appointment with his Dr -- Margery Mark of
> the Robert Wood Johnson P.D. Center in New Brunswick, NJ.  She's kind
> of a tough cookie and got quite irritated when my mom produced some of
> the printouts I gave her from this list.

I thought it was only in the National Health Service in UK that doctors
maintain themselves on a pedestal, and their patients in the dark ! :-)

> She said she would never ever ever use Risperdal; that it's bad for P.D.
> The only drug she will use in an extreme last resort is Clozaril.
> It seems that opinions differ everywhere you go!

The only ABSOLUTE is the VARIETY of opinions among the "experts"! In the
main, we're lucky in UK, because PDS of UK is educating doctors (well,
mostly neurologists, as yet) to TALK to their PWPs, as we tend to know a
heck of a lot more about the disease than some of those who only have
perhaps 5 PWPs in their total patient population of 2-3000!

--
Jeremy Browne, Hampshire, UK
Shaking Hands BBS, Fidonet 2:252/160 (+44 1252 626233, also FAX)