I'm hoping that someone will be able to point me in the right direction on this rather urgent request.

A friend of mine that I don't see too often has just confided that her husband has been exhibiting signs of parkinsons - for 6 months or so, at least, now that they have started to put two and two together.  As often happens, they noticed several of the symptoms, but attributed them to other causes, stress, aging, etc.  Now they have seen a neurologist, but are waiting for their next appointment which unfortunately isn't until November.  Until then , they aren't sure if he has pd or not, so they are playing that familiar waiting game again.  Stress City.

The problem is, that my friend finds herself getting frustrated with her husband's slowness, forgetfulnes, lack of balance, etc.  - knowing all the while that there is nothing he can do about it and knowing also that the reason she is feeling this frustration is because she cares so much about him and is afraid of what a diagnosis of parkinsons can mean/or not mean, whatever the case.

I have tried to assure her that it's normal to feel that way, that pd affects the whole family, not just the one person, and that she's doing her best and not to feel guilty.  But she still does. Do  I remember correctly that there is a  caregiver's group on the internet?  She is new to the internet, but I know this would be very helpful for her to show her that the things she's feeling are normal.

If anyone has anything to say to her, or the address of the listserve I'd love to pass it on.  ... We leave for holidays tomorrow morning , so ASAP would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lynda
(43, pd 10yrs)