Check into long term medical insurance BEFORE diagnosis.

----------

I'm hoping that someone will be able to point me in the right direction
 on this rather urgent request.

A friend of mine that I don't see too often has just confided that her
 husband has been exhibiting signs of parkinsons - for 6 months or so,
 at least, now that they have started to put two and two together.  As
 often happens, they noticed several of the symptoms, but attributed
 them to other causes, stress, aging, etc.  Now they have seen a
 neurologist, but are waiting for their next appointment which
 unfortunately isn't until November.  Until then , they aren't sure if
 he has pd or not, so they are playing that familiar waiting game
 again.  Stress City.