Jeremy,

Thanks for your very complete and thoughtful reply.  I've tried to adhere
to the suggestions you mention, especially eating after taking
medication.  The problem I'm running into now is that I'm taking the CR's
two hours apart, and so when I eat a half hour after taking a pill, it's
also an hour and a half before the next one.  It's that dose that doesn't
kick in, and once I'm off, I stay that way for hours.

It seems as though my best bet is to replace the CR's with 10/100's after
eating in the hope that it will kick in more quickly.  My neuro
recommended taking both, thinking that one would hit more quickly, but I
was overmedicated when I did that.  Everything seemed to kick in at
once.  I do halve the 10/100's, by the way.  I switched to the CR's
because I had to take the regulars so often.

I might look into the shunt if none of this works.  Thanks for your
suggestions.

Pat Schark

  pine`