Wanted to give you all an update in what is happening with my dad. We thought
he was coming directly home from the hospital last week, but he was having
problems with bowel control, something that I assume is a result of the
feeding tube and the body getting used to this new form of nutrition. Have
any of you experienced this problem.  Instead he went to the care facility
in the retirement community where they live.  The intent is for mother to be
trained in all of this and hopefully get his system up and running in a more
normal way.  So far so good.  It is a short walk for mother to visit and
they are great about educating her. The biggest worry is if he can't come
home.  Medicare pays for the first 20 days.  The next 100 are $92 a day.
This is not a medicaid facility - it's more like the Hilton - and they
could not afford for him to be there.  We are keeping our fingers crossed,
and taking it a day at a time.  Thanks for listening.  Marcia
[log in to unmask]  Dad age 79. Pd about 10 years.