Hello:
My husband has been scheduled for a Deep Brain Stimulation the end of
September.  I guess now that we have a date, we are both getting cold
feet and feel that the medications are actually working quite well.  He takes
1 permax - every four hours per day and 13 sinemet - blue ones - every 1
hour 20 minutes starting at 8:00 a.m.  He has a lot of dyskinsea and his
balance is very poor.  All he has been talking about for the last 5 years is
the opportunity to have the operation.  Now that the time has arrived we
are having second thoughts.  Any feedback on this would be appreciated
very much.  Is this natural?  We understand that in order to be a candidate
for the operation the medications must be working fairly well and who
knows that may not be the case a year from now.  Please send your replies
to [log in to unmask]

Thanks

Bev