Tai Chi is becoming a very popular activity here is St Paul/Minneapolis, MN.
Our local parkinsons center has Tai Chi classes, in fact a local news show
did a special segment just on Parkinsons and Tai Chi.  Also, several local
hospitals here teach Tai Chi, as well as health clubs.

I took my class through the local community adult education program.  I agree
with an earlier poster that learning with an instructor is the best way to
begin.  Then, after the movements are mastered, a tape would be fine  By the
way, there is a half-hour Tai Chi class on public TV here that may also be in
other parts of the US.  Tai Chi Cha is a good form to learn if one has
disabilities, is elderly, or just wants to maintain flexibility, improve
balance and increase relaxation. (As opposed to other forms that are more
focused on defense.)

Linda Manders
John Tschida 55/1 yr